Lisa Fields Clark
After an extensive career in graphic arts, a BS in Human Services, and a second career in social services, Lisa shifted her focus toward fine arts, community outreach and arts education.
Her arts education endeavors include the development and facilitation of Mexican Folk Arts workshops for the Seattle Children's Museum Imagination Station, World Folk Arts and Crafts workshops designed for parents and their children through College of Southern Nevada Extension, and varied arts projects for special needs artists partcipating in Opportunity Village Arts Enrichment Program. Funded by the City of Las Vegas’ New Directions YouthArts Program, Lisa facilitated a summer art program for younger artists at the Rafael Rivera Community Center, and she developed and facilitated an in-house arts and crafts program for the clients of WestCare Nevada Substance Abuse Treatment Center which spanned three years.
Community projects include The City of 100 Murals - a signature project celebrating the Las Vegas Centennial in 2005. As one of the selected participants, she and the youth residents of WestCare's Emergency Homeless Shelter created a mosaic featuring indigenous plants of Las Vegas. The installation is located at 5659 Duncan Drive.
Partnered with Opportunity Village and the City of Las Vegas Arts Commission in 2009, Lisa designed and facilitated the production of "Needs and Whimsies," a collaborative mural created with clients and staff of the Opportunity Village Art Enrichment program. The 4' x 64' mural was installed along the upper portion of the south-facing wall of the store in the downtown Arts District at Main Street and Coolidge Avenue. When the facility burned down in 2010, the mural remained intact and was relocated within their Henderson facility.
In 2012, 2013, and 2015 Lisa was awarded Jackpot Grants from the Nevada Arts Council and National Endowment for the Arts in support of the development of new contemporary mosaics shown in the exhibits INCLUSION, BLENDED CONTRASTS, and SHRINES.
Lisa's mosaic and mixed media work has been shown in galleries throughout the US including the Creative Arts Center (Burbank, CA), the Dougherty Arts Center (Austin, TX), the Maude Kerns Art Center (Portland, OR), DownTown LowDown (Los Angeles, CA), 2nd City Council Art Gallery (Long Beach) as well as the Winchester Cultural Center, West Charleston Library, City Hall Bridge Gallery, and the Mayor's Gallery - all located in fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada where she and her family currently reside.
- Appointed to the Nevada Art's Council Teaching Artist Roster 2015-2018
- Author of "Good Luck Charms and Protective Amulets: Their Meanings and Origins" 2015. Cats After Dark Press, LLC
- Featured in "Bonnie FitzgeraId's Guide to Mosaic Technique" 2015. Quarto Publishing, London.
- Author of "Art Facilitation for Special Needs Populations" 2012. Cats After Dark Press, LLC
Selected Exhibits/Projects (last few years):
- 5/2017: Group Show-Artist Competition, Celebrating Life!, Mayor’s Gallery: Historical Fifth Street School, Las Vegas
- 1/2017: Group Show-Artist Invitational, Year of the Rooster, Mayor’s Gallery: Historical Fifth Street School, Las Vegas
- 1/2016-4/2016: Juried Show "Seeking Social Justice Through Art" - "Expectation" at Left of Center Gallery, Las Vegas
- 10/2015: Featured Artist (showing "Shrines") at Jana's RedRoom Studio and Gallery inside the Arts Factory, Las Vegas
- 4/2015: Group Show-Glass Expo at SouthPoint Hotel and Casino - Placed 2nd: Best in Show - Professional Category
- 3/15-6/15: Artist Invitational - "Expectation" In the Bar+Bistro inside the Arts Factory, Las Vegas
- 12/2014: Group Show, Down the Rabbit Hole, - "The Hat" In Skin City Body Painting and Gallery, Las Vegas
- 11/14-1/15: Artist Invitational - "Very Still Life" In the Bar+Bistro inside the Arts Factory, Las Vegas
- 9/14-11/14: Artist Invitational - "Grateful For All of It" In the Bar+Bistro inside the Arts Factory, Las Vegas
- 4/2014: Artist Invitational - "Snake" In Jana's RedRoom inside the Arts Factory, Las Vegas
- 4/2014: "Blended Contrasts" with Bodlar Deathbringer show at Jana's RedRoom Studio and Gallery inside the Arts Factory, Las Vegas
- 12/2013: Artist Participant, Artists for Autism, Skateboards, Center of the World Gallery, Las Vegas
- 10/2013: Group Show Benefit, Un-masking the Mind, Stan Fulton Building at UNLV
- 10/2013: Artist Participant, Rotary Park Arts Fest, City of Las Vegas/Office of Cultural Affairs
- 5/2013: Solo Show at Jana's RedRoom Studio and Gallery inside the Arts Factory, Las Vegas
- 1/2013: Group Show-Artist Invitational, Snake, Mayor’s Gallery: Historical Fifth Street School, Las Vegas
9/2012: Artist Participant, Mural at Fruitdale Elementary School in Oakland, CA
6/2012: Group Show-Artist Invitational, Flowers, Mayor’s Gallery: Historical Fifth Street School, Las Vegas
1/2012: Group Show-Artist Invitational, Dragon, Mayor’s Gallery: Historical Fifth Street School, Las Vegas
11/2011: Group Show-Artist Invitational, A Walk on the Wild Side, Bridge Gallery, City Hall, Las Vegas
9/2011: Juried Show, Tesserae: The Art of Mosaic, 2nd City Council Art Gallery and Performance Space, Long Beach, CA
7/2011: Participant in collaborate Butterfly Mural installed at the Calusa Nature Center and Planetarium located in Fort Meyers, Florida